I want to start doing yoga, but I'm not sure how to start? Are there any videos that you recommend for beginners? Preferably free because school wiped out my bank account :/
That’s a good video for the basics I guess.
This is good for basic beginning poses and stuff.
The main thing you want to work on when you begin a new practice is your breathing. Take in big, full breaths and train yourself to let go of the shallow breathing we all fall into. You’ll instantly become more relaxed and in tune with your body.
Finding a good studio in your area (however pricey it may be) is another great way to start your practice. I know some studios do first-time client specials… the studio I started going to by my house did a $10 for 10 consecutive day special for people that were new to the studio. I know gyms also offer classes that are sometimes free with a membership… but I know how tough it is when you’re broke.
Youtube and other websites like mindbodygreen.com also have tons of videos, articles and great poses to look at and study as you grow.
Good luck, and let me know if you have any other questions, or I can send you some good stuff if you come off anon and we can talk a little more. :)
- bullshitinthebronx likes this
- awaitinganadventure likes this
- ingridellenegbert likes this
- cupofbunny likes this
- microaerophilic likes this
- cry-di-cuore likes this
- forever-in-pieces likes this
- basilandtea likes this
- iammoreanimalthanthezooallowed likes this
- 25longyears likes this
- thisgirllo likes this
- islefullofnoises likes this
- fight-the-kitty likes this
- luminousserenity likes this
- moaning-squirtle likes this
- alifewithoutperks likes this
- kissmeliketheworldwillend likes this
- aquaillusion likes this
- smilejunkiee likes this
- peepss posted this